Rival Systems, LLC is a technology company specializing in building advanced trading and risk management systems for professionals in the trading industry. Our team has been working directly with traders over the past 12 years to build Rival – the most advanced multi-asset trading and risk management platform available.
Our employees’ health and well-being are critical to our success. Rival offers a wide array of benefits that are among the most competitive in the industry including an annual discretionary bonus, comprehensive healthcare plan, flexible spending accounts, life and accident insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, financial planning services, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness incentives, and paid holidays and vacations.
Rival is seeking to hire a Web App Developer to be a member of a development team charged with developing, implementing, and testing enterprise risk applications. The ideal candidate will have experience in systems design, programming and integration of high-volume, high-availability applications. This position will be located in our Chicago, Illinois office.
- Work closely with senior development team members to understand business requirements and design efficient and scalable desktop solutions based on technical expertise and experience
- Develop, test, deploy and maintain applications and modules
- Assist in creating and maintain up-to-date work plans
- Keep pace with new technologies, directions and the latest industry trends
- Follow firm and industry standards, procedures and methodologies for development of efficient application systems (i.e. design, design reviews, architect reviews and code reviews)
- Perform related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience working on real time, multithreading applications preferred
- Experience with end user GUI design and implementation with solid software development and debugging experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Web Assembly and related technologies (Blacor/Bolero) would be a plus.
- Understanding of large-scale system design and implementation with solid software development and project management methodology experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of system architecture and design
- Strong commitment to working collaboratively in a team and being held accountable for achieving business goals
- Ability to successfully work in a high-pressure, dynamic trading environment
- Good team player with strong verbal and written communication skills.
Interested parties should submit a letter of interest and a resume (attached in MS Word or PDF format) via email to HR@rivalsystems.com. Please specify “Web App Developer” in the subject in of the email. Rival Systems, LLC does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Rival Systems, LLC. No phone calls, please.