Rival Systems is a powerful technology company that offers best-in-class products in the capital markets and financial services industries. Our team has been working with capital markets professionals over the past 13 years to develop these products. We are ready to expand our market share.
We are currently seeking a Linux Administrator with experience managing Linux systems. The position will include Linux sysadmin tasks such as provisioning servers, troubleshooting, performance tuning & monitoring. Additionally, the individual in this position will also be responsible for automating infrastructure at Rival. The position is in Chicago, IL.
Interested parties should submit a letter of interest and a resume (attached in MS Word or PDF format) via email to HR@rivalsystems.com. Please specify “Linux Administrator” in the subject line of the email. Rival Systems, LLC does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Rival Systems, LLC. No phone calls, please.
- Linux systems administration including server deployment, software and hardware installation, troubleshooting, automation, scripting, monitoring and tuning.
- Monitoring processes on Internal / Customer servers.
- Deploy updates and security patching for Linux servers and Windows desktops.
- Implementing IT best practices to improve infrastructure.
- Maintain disk-based backup systems.
- Documentation and standardization of IT procedures and policies.
- 5+ years of extensive experience administering Linux systems.
- OS: Centos 6 & 7. Windows 10
- Experience with server hardware and management tools, esp. IBM/Dell
- OS provisioning: Kickstart/WDS
- Configuration management utilities: Ansible would be highly desirable.
- Ability to use / write API’s for infrastructure deployments.
- Monitoring software: Nagios & Icinga.
- Knowledge of Jenkins, AWS, SAN, Veeam, Git & Active Directory would be a plus.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts.
- Scripting: Python, Bash & PowerShell would be desirable
- Understand concepts of performance tuning in a low-latency environment.
- Virtualization experience, especially with VMWare.
- Some experience with HA server infrastructure using Nginx or HAproxy.
- Good team player with strong documentation and procedure skills.
- Flexibility in work schedule due to market-dictated maintenance windows and occasional off-hours support.
- Ability to address both immediate needs and undertake long-term projects.