JOIN THE RIVAL TEAM
At Rival Systems, we are always looking for people who have a passion for technology. We built a trading platform that we believe is a faster and more accurate than any other – and are only interested in hiring professionals who want to keep it that way. If you have that kind of drive, there is a career opportunity for you here.
Rival Systems is a powerful technology company that offers the most advanced multi-asset trading and risk management platform in the professional trading industry. Our team has been working with professional traders and risk managers over the past 13 years to build our suite of best-in-class products. Rival Systems is poised to expand our market share.
Rival Systems is seeking to hire a Project Manager. This position entails managing the implementation, testing, and support of the automated options market making system. The position requires expertise in managing large-scale application development projects. This position will be located in our Chicago, Illinois office.
- Manage the implementation, support, and testing of automated market making system enhancements and provide direction for its evolution
- Work closely with the Technical Lead to manage the day to day activities of the development team
- Work with the QA Lead to create testing plans and ensure new builds are accurately tested before released to production
- Create release plans and manage the release of new software to the end users
- Work closely with developers to create and maintain up-to-date and accurate work plans for the development team while effectively communicating status to managers and business owners
- Work closely with traders to understand business requirements and design efficient and scalable solutions based on business needs and performance metrics
- Follow firm and industry standards, procedures and methodologies for development of efficient application systems (i.e. design, design reviews, architect reviews and code reviews)
- Perform related duties as required.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 3+ years experience managing large-scale system design and implementation with solid software development and project management methodology experience
- Experience using Jira software
- Ability to work closely with a development team and manage relationships with key traders
- Strong understanding of system architecture and design
- Strong commitment to working collaboratively in a team and being held accountable for achieving business goals
- Ability to successfully work in a high-pressure, dynamic trading environment
- Good team player with strong verbal and written communication skills